EVENTS and LINKS
ATM, Amateur Telescope Making
SF Sidewalk Astronomers web site:
Telescope Makers Work Shop
Most Fridays at the Chabot Space and Science Center, Oakland.
The San Mateo County Astronomical Society
Regular meetings at the
College of San Mateo ( CSM ) Planetarium
at the West end of Hillsdale Bulb.
in San Mateo.
Friday of the month.
Alcoat version of SMCAS Newsletter available online
as part of this website.
Updates monthly ( June 6, 2012 )
The San Jose Astronomical Association meets at Hogue Park
in Campbell on the Saturday night near the full moon.
San Jose Astronomical Association newsletter, "Ephemeris".
Astronomy Association has quite a schedule
with monthly in-town star parties.
( April, 2008 )
The Fremont Peak public programs.
Music of the Spheres
summer music program at Lick Observatory.
The Automated extra solar Planet Finder at Lick Observatory
Public Astronomy Programs,
Mt. Tamaulipas State Park
NASA, ASP and Hubble Links
More NASA LINKS
SOFIA, The installation of an astronomical telescope in a
modified 747SP aircraft.
Links to Institutions, Research, Public Outreach
- University of California Observatories / Lick Observatory
- Thirty Meter Telescope
- Center for Adaptive Optics, University of California, SC
- Blandford, Kipac, Kavli Institute, Stanford
- Canada France Hawaii Telescope
- Kitt Peak
- Very Large Array
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- Science Lab, Links to Links
- Lawrence Berkeley, refining the Hubble Constant, type 1A nova search.
- Extra Solar Planet Search, and http://oklo.org/
- European Southern Observatory
- Chabot Space Center, Oakland
- California Academy of Sciences
- Mount Wilson Observatory
- Department of Planetary Science, University of Arizona
- College of Optical Sciences
- Steward Observatory Mirror Laboratory
- Have we actually gone to the Moon?
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
- Exploratorium, San Francisco
- The Tech Museum, San Jose
- The Intel Museum
- Computer History Museum
- NASA's Ames Research Center
- SETI Institute
- SETI SERENDIP
- Infrared Topics at Cal Tech
- Solar and Lunar Links
- Mars and Mars Probes and Rovers
- Interferometers and Space Telescopes
- Academic Earth, college course videos
Links to Amateur Groups, Public Outreach, Telescopes
Links to Regional Star Parties
Links to Magazine and Commercial Internet Web Sites
Links to Vendors
Links to Manufacturers
Astrophotography using Web Cams
'Do It Yourself' Professional Astronomy
Links to Some Neat Sites
Audio Astronomy Programs Online
and Astronomical Reference
Online references for Professional Astronomers
Sky & Telescope, March 2002, page 52.
Made with Molecules
Links tested June 21, 2012